Sunday, June 17, 2007

What is Right is What is Wrong

OK right-wingers, answer me this question:
"If you support the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan so much, why don't you go fight in them?"

Yes its old, but no one really gives a good enough answer. Every right-winger I asked avoids the question as much as many of them avoided the draft when there was one. That or they bring up the same tired Bill Clinton and Oxford and the Draft episode.

So really, I want answers. Why not go fight it? I have heard excuses from injuries, to age, to college attendance. The same excuses people like Pat Buchanan, Donald Rumsfeld, Karl Rove, Sean Hannity (he is gulf war age and he did not go) et al said. Ted Nugent is my favorite, he just freaked out at his physical then later took target practice at "those pussy protesters".

Is it me, or is it so ironic that 3 Vietnam Vets lost to a man who, lets face it, avoided the draft just like Bill Clinton did. Al Gore, John McCain and John Kerry all veterans of that conflict were all victims of the Bush/Rove machine. So does that mean that Bush et al actually hate the military? I mean, when Karl Rove goes mercilessly after 3 people who did more in their lives than he ever will do, and gets support and direction from the president, what kind of message does that send?

My favorite is Saxby Chambliss. This wonderful piece of shit, chickened out of service in Vietnam and then went on the attack against a man who lost all but one limb in Vietnam. Just like GWB went after John McCain and called him a traitor because he "broke" under the stress of torture. Saxby Shitless had the nerve to call Max Clelland a similar traitor and had pictures of Max superimposed with bin Laden and Hussein. To learned folk, this would not matter but Saxby (he is a guy, not even a fruity guy, but a guy. yeah, i know.) aimed this at the people in Georgia.

So, here we are and I want my answer. Its OK if you are scared to go or think it is more important for other people to do the things you really should be doing.

For the record, I do not support the war(s) so I have no need to fight.
I don't support the troops either. Why? when they signed up, they knew what they were getting into. As for that protecting my freedom bullshit, well, my freedoms and yours ended when congress blindly passed the Patriot Act.

Let me rationalize this so the hate mail does not get too out of hand. I don't feel sorry for a boxer who gets killed in the ring. I do not feel sorry for a football player who gets paralyzed or a baseball player who gets nailed in the nuts by a line drive. See a pattern? They know the hazards of their job. Hey, its horrible what happens, but that is par for the course.

No comments: